Old Monk lovers drink nothing but Old Monk and it is India’s favourite drink. Old monk lovers do not care about expensive single malts or crazy wines – they just want the monk. Almost every Indian man has a story to tell related to his Old Monk experiences – and we’ll save it for another day as to why we are in love with it. Meanwhile, here are a few things that you might not know about this heavenly rum.
1. There is a beer by the name of Old Monk 10000 Super Beer.
2. First old monk was produced by Mohan Meakin Ltd at Kasauli in the Himalayan Mountains. It is now produced in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh.
3. Old monk has never advertised.
4. It is sold with different alcohol content in India and USA. 42.8% in India and 40% in USA. The Army issue alcohol content is 50%.
5. The first time it was tasted officially was 19 December 1854 – we declare it as OLD MONK DAY – can we celebrate it as a National OLD MONK Day ?
6. Old Monk lost its rank as the largest selling dark rum in the world to McDowell’s No.1 Celebration Rum. Huh, as if we’re in that Quality Vs Quantity game.
7. Old Monk is also the third largest selling Rum in the world. Comes in different shapes & sizes.
8. Pirates love rum – Pirates are bad-ass. Old Monk is bad-ass. Admit it Jack Sparrow wouldn’t be half as awesome without rum.
9. Old Monk heals – When it’s not mending broken hearts, it doubles as a kick ass antiseptic.
10 . ALWAYS REMEMBER THIS:
(PS: Hardcore is old monk+water; neat old monk is level X, And there are no old monk fans, just lovers)