Every time the Indian Premier League comes around, the franchises hope that their investment on buying a player will reap immediate rewards. Sometimes, it works wonders and the team create history. But there are times when the move backfires big time, and the franchises are left to rue their decision of paying a huge sum of money to get a player. Here are those moments in the tournament history when IPL franchises wish they wouldn’t have splurged on these players:
1. Yuvraj Singh has just scored 124 runs in 7 matches this IPL season. Last season he failed to score RCB & this season it is Delhi Daredevils. INR 16 Cr worth enough?
2. Dinesh Karthik has scored 43 runs in 6 matches & dismissed 7 batsmen till now in this IPL season. INR 10.5 Cr worth enough?
3. Angelo Mathews has scored 93 runs & has taken 5 wicket so far this season. He has failed with both bat & ball. INR 7.5 Cr worth enough?
4. Zaheer Khan is yet to play a match for Delhi Daredevils. INR 4 Cr worth enough?
5. Trent Boult has claimed just 8 wickets till now this IPL season. INR 3.8 Cr worth enough?
6. Amit Mishra has taken 7 wickets till now this season. But he has remained economical through-out the season. INR 3.5 Cr worth enough?
1494 Total Views 1 Views Today